5 Tips for Healthy Eyes this Winter
The winter season can take its toll on your mood, health, and body. Your eyes are no exception! Pay attention to your vision and eyes as the weather gets colder and the days get darker. A few simple techniques can improve the health of your eyes and keep you seeing clearly, longer, through the rain and snow.
If you are interested in laser eye surgery or other methods to improve your vision and eye health, contact Optilase Eye Clinic. Our professional team can provide an assessment, advice, and friendly services for vision correction.
Top 5 Methods to Keep Your Eyes Healthy this Winter Season
Get ready for the cold days ahead with proper eye care and preparation. Follow these 5 tips to support your eye health in the UK and Ireland:
1. Stay Away from Heaters – You may feel the urge to congregate around your heating system or radiator to stay warm, but keeping your distance can save you a lot of eye problems and discomfort. Stay away as much as possible and stay warm by layering up if you find your environment becomes too dry.
2. Focus on Moisture – The dry winter air can make eyes itchy, red, or develop a stinging sensation. Inquire at your local Optilase Eye Clinic about moisturising eye drops to help your eyes stay moist and avoid becoming irritated throughout the cold months.
3. Wear Sunglasses – Just because it is not hot outside does not mean the sun has gone away. Even in indirect sunlight, your eyes can have a hard time adjusting and filtering light. Wear your sunglasses, even on overcast days, in order to reduce strain and maintain your vision.
4. Avert Your Eyes – The glowing screens draw us in all year, but with grey mornings and cold afternoons, they can become even more enticing and bright. It can be more tempting to stay indoors with your gadgets when the weather gets frigid, but being aware of your time spent looking at a screen can help reduce the harmful effects on your eyes. Keep your settings in check and give your eyes a break by looking at something 20 feet away, for 20 seconds, every 20 minutes.
5. Get Treatment Results – The busy time of year and uninviting weather can mean that you put off doing things that are good for your health. Whether you are overdue for your vision test or experience eye strain or pain after a long day at work, getting the proper professional care sooner rather than later is important. Don’t ignore pain or discomfort, even if it seems minor, when it comes to your eyes. Your local eye care clinic can provide relief and ensure everything is in order for healthy vision today and in the future.
Correct Your Vision this Winter with Laser Eye Surgery at Optilase
Book an appointment at a convenient location near you for eye care all year long. Optilase Eye Clinic is the largest Irish-owned eye clinic and provides patients with access to the latest laser technology, trusted results, and reliable advice. We are dedicated to your eye health year-round and want you to experience the world clearly every day. Visit us across Ireland and the UK for friendly treatment options and laser eye surgery.
Contact the experienced professionals at Optilase for winter eye care tips and laser vision correction. Book your free consultation online or call today on 0489 043 8397 from ROI and 0800 511 8005 in the UK and NI.