Opticians Belfast, Newry, Derry, Enniskillen: Should You Visit an Optician or a Laser Eye Surgeon?
When you notice changes in your vision, the first place you may think of going to is an optician in Belfast. After all, they will examine your eyes, determine your vision impairment and prescribe corrective glasses. Instead of going to an optician first and then many times in the future, why not visit a laser eye surgeon?
You may be surprised at what a laser eye surgeon can do for you and most importantly, how much time and money it can save you.
What an Optician in Belfast Can Do
Opticians are not medical doctors. Therefore, their services are limited to their certification, which includes:
- Assessing a patient’s vision
- Filling prescriptions for eyeglasses and corrective contact lenses
- Assisting with frame selections and fittings
When you visit an optician, you will need to return for multiple appointments to have your vision rechecked and you will also have the costs of refilling or adjusting your prescriptions as they are needed.
The Benefits of Visiting a Laser Eye Surgeon Instead
Visiting a laser eye surgeon can provide you with numerous advantages. First, a laser eye surgeon is a medical doctor. They can perform procedures that an optician cannot – including vision correction surgery, diagnosing and treating vision conditions and providing treatments for complex medical eye problems.
A laser eye surgeon can also help save you time and money in the long run. With a single corrective surgery, you can avoid the long-term costs associated with contact lenses or prescription eyeglasses. While laser eye surgery is an upfront investment, it can:
- Save you hundreds of pounds each year on prescription renewals – including contact lens replacements
- Saves you the time associated with multiple fittings for eyeglasses, repeat check-up appointments, etc.
- Saves you the cost of accessories for your eyeglasses and contacts – such as cleaning cases, solutions, carrying cases and specialised prescription sunglasses
- Saves you the hassles associated with contacts and eyeglasses – such as being limited on activities or having to prepare ahead of time when travelling
Optilase is Your Trusted Provider for Laser Eye Surgery
Instead of visiting an optician in Belfast, come to the laser eye surgical centre at Optilase. Our surgeons will assess your candidacy for laser corrective surgery. In most cases, patients with nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism can have their vision corrected with laser surgery, so you could be a candidate.
See if you are a candidate for laser eye surgery by meeting with an Optilase surgeon. Skip that regular visit with your optician in Belfast. Call us on 08000 121 565 or contact us online with your questions.
Book your Free consultation